Category:Saint Ann Parish
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Saint Ann ( capital Saint Ann's Bay) is the largest parish in Jamaica. It is situated on the north coast of the island, in the county of Middlesex, roughly halfway between the eastern and western ends of the island. It is often called 'the Garden Parish of Jamaica' on account of its natural beauty. Saint Ann is the birthplace of reggae singers Floyd Lloyd, Burning Spear, Shabba Ranks, and Bob Marley. The Right Excellent Marcus Mosiah Garvey, one of Jamaica's seven National Heroes, was also born there. More recently, it has become known as the headquarters of the Jamaica Dogsled Team.
parish of Jamaica
|Instance of||parish of Jamaica|
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- ► Geography of Saint Ann Parish (1 C)
- ► Ocho Rios (1 C, 48 F)
- ► Runaway Bay, Jamaica (5 F)
Media in category "Saint Ann Parish"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- 1872ca Half Jamaica A73 St Anns Bay Yv7 SG7.jpg 342 × 403; 224 KB
- A1, St Ann's Bay, Jamaica - panoramio.jpg 1,500 × 1,000; 446 KB
- Garvey Statue.jpg 744 × 1,274; 91 KB
- Hakewill, A Picturesque Tour of the Island of Jamaica, Plate 13.jpg 2,404 × 1,568; 890 KB
- Jamaica Library System.png 250 × 100; 11 KB
- Nine Mile - the neighbourhood.jpg 2,592 × 1,944; 1.11 MB
- Ocean-View-Beach.jpg 554 × 286; 23 KB
- Saint Ann in Jamaica.svg 1,134 × 546; 134 KB