Category:Saint Henry Catholic Church in St. Henry
English: St. Henry Catholic Church in St. Henry Ohio was dedicated on July 25, 1897. The architect is Adolph Druiding from Chicago. The contractor/decorator is DeCurtins Bros., from Carthagena, Ohio. The parish was founded by German immigrants in 1839 and named in honor of Henry II (A.D. 972 - 1024), Bavarian Duke, German King, and Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. The present church is the third structure after log (1840) and brick (1854) buildings. Designed in the Gothic Revival style, it is 163 feet in length and 88 feet wide. The tower, 196 feet in height, is one of the tallest structures in Mercer County. It contains three bells dedicated to St. Henry, St. Cyriacus, and the Virgin Mary. The granite statue of St. Henry is by sculptor Herman Broughman of Cincinnati. The interior, decorated with stained glass and Gothic details, is supported by ten sandstone columns. Materials and labor were donated by members, reducing construction costs to $45,535. In 1970, extensive exterior and interior modifications took place, the latter under Conrad Schmitt Studios, Milwaukee. Since 1845, the parish has been served by priests of the Society of the Precious Blood. Filial parishes of St. Henry include St. Marys (1851), Philothea; St. Wendelin (1856), Wendelin; St. Francis (1858), Cranberry Prairie; and St. Bernard (1874), Burkettsville. Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Interior of Saint Henry Catholic Church (St. Henry, Ohio) (2 C, 12 F)
Media in category "Saint Henry Catholic Church in St. Henry"
The following 15 files are in this category, out of 15 total.
- Saint Henry Catholic Church (Saint Henry, Ohio) - exterior, at night.jpg 4,288 × 2,848; 6.6 MB
- Saint Henry Catholic Church (Saint Henry, Ohio) - exterior, steeple and moon.jpg 2,848 × 4,288; 4.42 MB
- Saint Henry Catholic Church (St. Henry, Ohio) - historical marker.jpg 2,306 × 3,468; 3.61 MB
- Saint Henry Catholic Church (St. Henry, Ohio) - illuminated at night.jpg 2,841 × 3,557; 5.6 MB
- Saint Henry Catholic Church (St. Henry, Ohio) - portal.jpg 2,572 × 3,427; 4 MB
- Saint Henry Catholic Church (St. Henry, Ohio) - tower.jpg 2,178 × 3,874; 4.05 MB
- Saint Henry, Ohio as viewed across a corn field near OH-119.jpg 3,648 × 2,736; 1.94 MB
- St Henry's Church (16285560002).jpg 2,020 × 3,183; 1.38 MB
- St. Henry Catholic Church front.jpg 2,112 × 2,816; 1.48 MB
- St. Henry Catholic Church side.jpg 2,816 × 2,112; 1.5 MB
- St. Henry Church (16098851728).jpg 2,020 × 3,198; 1.2 MB
- St. Henry Church - front, detail Saint Henry, King of Germany.jpg 2,821 × 2,492; 2.63 MB
- St. Henry Church - front, Mar. 12, 2011.jpg 2,848 × 4,288; 3.86 MB
- St. Henry Church - Madonna and Jesus.jpg 2,848 × 4,288; 6.4 MB
- St. Henry's Church (16260467116).jpg 1,967 × 3,150; 936 KB