Category:Science and technology in India
Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India, initiated reforms to promote higher education, science, technology in India. The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) — conceived by a 22 member committee of scholars and entrepreneurs in order to promote technical education — was inaugurated on August 18, 1951. Beginning in the 1960s, close ties with the Soviet Union enabled the Indian Space Research Organization to rapidly develop the Indian space program and advance nuclear power in India.
This category has the following 42 subcategories, out of 42 total.
- ► Computer science in India (4 C)
- ► Geology of India (45 C, 4 F)
- ► Lighting in India (13 C, 10 F)
- ► Telecommunications in India (12 C, 5 F)
- ► Unani medicine (2 C, 10 F)
- ► Science writers from India (9 C, 2 F)