Category:Second Mexican Empire
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- It was created with the French intervention in Mexico of Napoleon III, to establish a monarchist ally in the Americas. Austrian Archduke Ferdinand Maximilian, a Habsburg, became Emperor Maximilian I of Mexico.
- Mexican government in the 19th century
- After the War of Independence from Spain, the First Mexican Empire (1822-1823) was short-lived. It was followed by: the First Republic of Mexico (1824–1835), the Second Federal Republic of Mexico (1846–1863), and then the Second Mexican Empire.
- The Second Mexican Empire was followed by the Benito Juárez Republic (1867–1872), and the Porfiriato dictatorship (1876–1910).}}
- Formado a partir de la segunda intervención francesa en México entre 1863 y 1867.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Charlotte of Belgium, Empress of Mexico (1 C, 1 P, 52 F)
- ► Execution of Maximilian I of Mexico (1 C, 10 F)
- ► Flags of the Second Mexican Empire (1 C, 26 F)
- ► Alfons von Kodolitsch (1 F)
- ► Regalia of the Second Mexican Empire (4 C, 1 F)
- ► José Mariano Salas (3 F)
Pages in category "Second Mexican Empire"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Second Mexican Empire"
The following 18 files are in this category, out of 18 total.