Jump to navigation Jump to search
- SELF (SOLID) COLOURATIONSE locus: Masked • Grizzle (domino) • (unmasked, non-grizzle dogs with eumelanin) • Recessive yellow/red
Fawn • Black masked • Liver masked • Blue masked • Lilac maskedK locus: Dominant black • Brindle
Brindle: Black brindle • Liver brindle • Blue brindle • Lilac brindleNON-SELF COLOURATIONSBlack and white • Liver and white • Blue and white • Lilac and white
Sable and white • Fawn and white • Brindle and white • Red and whitePATTERNS
'English: Self dogs, i.e. dogs with no white spotting. Self is not interchangeable with solid since self dogs can be multicoloured by tan markings, merle, or brindle. Dilute whites are self (since their whiteness is due to extreme dilution, not spotting) while merle whites and piebald whites are not. Dogs with urajiro or similar countershading are self since the countershading is a form of dilution, not spotting. (Although countershading can make a minimal white pattern very hard to spot.) Roans and ticks are not self because roaning and ticking only develop on white spotting patterns.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Curly Coated Retriever (1 C, 1 P, 28 F)
- ► Red dogs (5 C, 1 P, 86 F)
- ► White dogs (25 C, 335 F)
- ► Yellow dogs (10 C, 59 F)