Category:Service and Campaign Medals (United States Army)
- Service (campaign) medals and service ribbons denote honorable performance of military duty within specified limited dates in specified geographical areas. With the exception of the Medal of Humane Action, the Armed Forces Reserve Medal, the NCO Professional Development Ribbon, the Army Service Ribbon, and the Army Reserve Components Overseas Training Ribbon, they are awarded only for active Federal military service. Orders are not published for service medals, but they are annotated on records by the personnel officer. Award of U.S. Service Medals does not preclude award of Foreign and International Service Medals.
- Service medals and ribbons awarded by other U.S. Services may be worn on the Army uniform except the Air Force Longevity Service Award Ribbon and Air Force and Navy Marksmanship ribbons. Service and training ribbons awarded by other U.S. Services will be worn after U.S. Army service and training ribbons and before foreign awards.
- a. Order of precedence for the following U.S. service medals and service ribbons is:
- (1) World War I Victory Medal.
- (2) Army of Occupation of Germany Medal.
- (3) American Defense Service Medal.
- (4) Women’s Army Corps Service Medal.
- (5) American Campaign Medal.
- (6) Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal.
- (7) European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal.
- (8) World War II Victory Medal.
- (9) Army of Occupation Medal.
- (10) Medal of Humane Action.
- (11) National Defense Service Medal.
- (12) Korean Service Medal.
- (13) Antarctica Service Medal.
- (14) Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal.
- (15) Vietnam Service Medal.
- (16) Southwest Asia Service Medal.
- (17) Kosovo Campaign Medal
- (18) Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- (19) Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- (20) Korean Defense Service Medal
- (21) Armed Forces Service Medal
- (22) Humanitarian Service Medal.
- (23) Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
- (24) Armed Forces Reserve Medal.
- (25) NCO Professional Development Ribbon.
- (26) Army Service Ribbon.
- (27) Overseas Service Ribbon.
- (28) Army Reserve Components Overseas Training Ribbon.
- (29) Coast Guard Special Operations Service Ribbon.
- b. Order of precedence for the following non-U.S. Service awards when worn on the US Army Uniform is:
- (1) Philippine Defense Ribbon.
- (2) Philippine Liberation Ribbon.
- (3) Philippine Independence Ribbon.
- (4) United Nations Service Medal.
- (5) Inter-American Defense Board Medal
- (6) United Nations Medal.
- (7) NATO Medal.
- (8) Multinational Force and Observers Medal.
- (9) Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal.
- (10) Kuwait Liberation Medal—Saudi Arabia
- (11) Kuwait Liberation Medal—Kuwait
- (12) Republic of Korea War Service Medal
- As defined in United States Army Regulation 600--8-22
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Service and Campaign Medals (United States Army)"
This category contains only the following file.
- Circu2.JPG 486 × 346; 38 KB