Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Seti II was the fifth ruler of the Nineteenth dynasty of Egypt and reigned from 1203 BC - 1197 BC. His throne name, Userkheperure Setepenre, meant "Powerful are the Manifestations of Re, Chosen by Re.' He sat on the throne during a period known for dynastic intrigue and short reigns, and his rule was no different. Seti II had to deal with many serious plots, most significantly being the accession of a rival king named Amenmesse, who seized control over Thebes and Nubia during his second to fourth regnal years. More...
Français : Séthi II est le fils aîné de Mérenptah, Séthi-Mérenptah, succéda à son père. Ses six ans de règne (-1201 à -1196) furent très troublés car un an après son couronnement, un usurpateur, Amenmes, prit le pouvoir pendant un épisode de quatre ans (-1200 à -1197) assez mystérieux. Pour en savoir plus...
Egyptian pharaoh, fifth ruler of the Nineteenth dynasty
|Date of birth||13th century BC (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584)|
|Date of death||12th century BC (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584)|
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Media in category "Seti II"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Karnak temple 9452.JPG 2,592 × 3,888; 4.17 MB
- Karnak temple 9453.JPG 2,592 × 3,888; 3.83 MB
- Louvre 042007 15.jpg 576 × 768; 354 KB
- Relief chapelle Sethi II 02.jpg 1,024 × 768; 653 KB
- Relief chapelle Sethi II 02c.jpg 1,024 × 768; 423 KB
- The Egyptian herogliefen are very old and also include drawings.jpg 329 × 480; 50 KB