Category:Shires of Scotland
The Shires of Scotland are historic subdivisions of Scotland. For most purposes they were superseded in 1975 by the District Regional Councils and are now used only for land registration, lieutenancy areas, and for various county associations including County Chambers of Commerce. (→Shires of Scotland).
historic administrative and geographical division of Scotland
|Subclass of||administrative territorial entity of Scotland,|
historical administrative division,
historic county of the United Kingdom
This category has the following 38 subcategories, out of 38 total.
- East Lothian (26 C, 645 F)
- Fife (39 C, 416 F)
- Inverness-shire (3 C, 4 F)
- Lanarkshire (6 C, 14 F)
- Nairnshire (3 C, 2 F)
- Orkney Islands (28 C, 1 P, 306 F)
Media in category "Shires of Scotland"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- ScotlandCountiesBlank.png 1,616 × 1,848; 61 KB
- Shires of Scotland by population (2011).png 940 × 1,226; 353 KB
- Shires of Scotland by population density (2011).png 940 × 1,342; 407 KB