From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Shrapnel shells were a type of anti-personnel artillery shell of the 1800s and early 1900s which fired balls (bullets) forward out of the shell case near the end of its trajectory. Last used in World War I, and not to be confused with more modern high-explosive shells, which are based on a totally different principle and burst into fragments and splinters in all directions.
Media in category "Shrapnel shell"
The following 97 files are in this category, out of 97 total.
- 12-pdrShrapnel.jpg 175 KB
- 152 K 04-200p shell.JPG 1.96 MB
- 152 K 77 shell.JPG 2.21 MB
- Armor.pdf 1.54 MB
- 18pdrShrapnelDiagram1.jpg 201 KB
- 18pdrShrapnelDiagram2a.jpg 151 KB
- 18pdrShrapnelDiagram2b.jpg 163 KB
- 18pdrShrapnelRound.jpg 47 KB
- Rus122shrapnel.JPG 1.43 MB
- Shrapnel (PSF).png 78 KB
- Shrapnel abaque.jpg 83 KB
- Shrapnel shell.gif 1.08 MB
- ShrapnelOriginal.jpg 393 KB
- ShrapnelSAM 0482.jpg 2.28 MB