From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
|This object is indexed in the Archaeological Survey of Ireland under SMR No. SL014-065008-
Geographic information system of the National Monuments Service: Historic Environment Viewer – Database record.
English: The Priory of the Holy Cross in Sligo, known locally as the “Abbey”, was founded by Maurice fitz Gerald c. 1252. The priory was rebuilt in 1416 after it burnt down in 1414. The priory was dissolved c. 1590. (See Gwynn and Hadcock, Medieval Religious Houses, p. 229–230.)
Media in category "Sligo Abbey"
The following 33 files are in this category, out of 33 total.