Category:Sniffen Court Historic District
The Sniffen Court Historic District, located off of East 36th Street between Third and Lexington Avenues in the Murray Hill neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, was created in 1966, and consists of 10 two-story brick stables built in 1863-1864 in the early Romanesque Revival style, which were converted into residences and studios in the 1920s; two of the (#1 and #3) are the home of the Amateur Comedy Club, which has been in existence since 1884. The rear wall of the mews has two sculpted plaques by Malvina Hoffman, whose studio was in one of the buildings. (Sources: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.) and "Amateur Comedy Club brochure")
Media in category "Sniffen Court Historic District"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.