Sri Thendayuthapani Temple at 15 Tank Road, Singapore 238065, is built on the site of the Subramaniam Temple consecrated on which was erected by the Nattukkottai Chettiar community. The land had been purchased by the community from Dr. Oxley, the first Surgeon General of Singapore. Dedicated to Lord Murugan, the temple was renovated and reconsecrated in 1936 and 1955. It was subsequently decided that the temple should be completely rebuilt, and this was carried out between 1981 and 1983. A consecration ceremony on was attended by thousands of devotees. Further renovations were done, and reconsecrations held on and . The building was gazetted as a national monument on .