Category:St. Ann's Church / NYU Founders Hall
The facade of St. Ann's Church stands in front of New York University's 26-story Founders Hall dormitory at 120 East 12th Street in Manhattan, New York City. The church building was constructed in 1847 as the Twelfth Street Baptist Church, then was bought by Congregation Emanu-El, which later moved to a new sanctuary on Fifth Avenue. Napoleon LeBrun designed a new interior, and in 1871 St. Ann's Roman Catholic Church was dedicated. In 1983, this became St. Ann's Armenian Catholic Cathedral, until everything except the front facade was torn down for the dormitory, which opened in 2006. (Sources: From Abyssinian to Zion (2004) and NYC GIS map)
Media in category "St. Ann's Church / NYU Founders Hall"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- St. Ann's Facade.jpg 937 KB