Category:St. Macartan's Cathedral, Monaghan

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Coat of arms of Ireland.svg This object is indexed in the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage of Ireland under the registration number 41303171
Geographic information system of the National Monuments Service: Historic Environment ViewerMain record.

Deutsch | English | +/−
English: St. Marcartan's Cathedral is the cathedral of the Roman-Catholic diocese of Clogher in Monaghan, County Monaghan, Ireland, designed by the Irish architect J. J. McCarthy. The foundation stone was laid in 1861, and, after McCarthy's death in 1882, completed under the direction of William Hague. The spire was finished in 1884, the cathedral dedicated in 1892.