Category:St. Nicholas Antiochian Orthodox Cathedral (Brooklyn)
The St. Nicholas Antiochian Orthodox Cathedral at 355 State Street between Hoyt and Bond Streets in the Boerum Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City was originally built as St. Peter's Episcopal Church. The St. Nicholas congregation was founded by Arabic-speaking Orthodox Christians in Manhattan in 1895, in a loft at 77 Washington Street. They moved to 301-303 Pacific Street in Brooklyn in 1902, and purchased the present building in 1920. Because of financial difficulties they lost the property, but were able to lease in on a monthly basis, although they were later able to re-purchase the church, but not the connecting property. St. Nicholas Cathedral is the oldest continuous church in the Archdiocese and its only Mother Cathedral. (Source: "History" on church website)
Media in category "St. Nicholas Antiochian Orthodox Cathedral (Brooklyn)"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Nick Antioch Cathedral State St summer jeh.jpg 2,399 × 2,702; 1.38 MB
- Nick Antiochian Orth Cath State St jeh.JPG 2,888 × 3,651; 1.42 MB
- St. Nicholas Antiochian Orthodox Cathedral Brooklyn.jpg 2,367 × 2,324; 1.93 MB
- St. Nicholas Antiochian Orthodox Cathedral, Brooklyn, Sept 2017.jpg 3,456 × 2,304; 4.14 MB