Category:St. Nicholas of Myra Church (Manhattan)
St. Nicholas of Myra Church, at 288 East 10th Street, on the corner of Avenue A in the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1883 as Memorial Chapel of St. Mark's Church-in-the-Bowery, designed in Gothic Revival style by James Renwick, Jr. and W.H. Russell. It later became the Holy Trinity Slovak Lutheran Church, and then, in 1925, the American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese rented it for use as the Church of St. Nicholas of Myra, and bought it outright in 1937. (Sources: Dunlap From Abyssinian to Zion (2010) and AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.)) It was designated a NYC landmark in 2008. (NYCLPC designation report)
Media in category "St. Nicholas of Myra Church (Manhattan)"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- St Nicholas of Myra Church (Manhattan)1.JPG 2,048 × 1,536; 1.52 MB
- St Nicholas of Myra Church (Manhattan)2.JPG 2,048 × 1,536; 1.41 MB
- St. Nicholas of Myra Church 1.jpg 1,661 × 2,508; 501 KB
- St. Nicholas of Myra Church 2.jpg 1,448 × 1,719; 547 KB
- St. Nicholas of Myra Church entrance.jpg 1,717 × 2,304; 875 KB
- WTM3 NYU FC 2 0021.jpg 4,288 × 2,848; 1.74 MB