Category:St. Peter's Church, Melaka

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Object location 2° 12′ 08.63″ N, 102° 15′ 11.68″ E Kartographer map based on OpenStreetMap. View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama info Edit coordinates on Wikidata (discrepancy of 28 meters between the above coordinates and the ones stored on Wikidata)
Flag of Malaysia.svg

This is a category about a monument in Malaysia, identified by ID 04-MLK/14

English: St. Peter's Church in the city of Melaka (Malacca) is the oldest operational Roman Catholic church in Malaysia. It was built in 1710 on land donated by the Dutchman Maryber Franz Amboer. At the time this area was outside the core city of Melaka. The oldest item in the church is the bell, manufactured in Goa in 1608. It was salvaged from an earlier church burned by the Dutch during their 1641 occupation. The church is administered by the Diocese of Malacca-Johor.