Category:St. Philip's Episcopal Church (Manhattan)
St. Philip's Episcopal Church (Manhattan) is a historic Episcopal church located at 204 West 134th Street, just west of Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard (Seventh Avenue)) in the Harlem neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. Its congregation was founded in 1809 by free Africans worshiping at Trinity Church, Wall Street as the Free African Church of St. Philip. The present twentieth-century church building was designed by architects Vertner Woodson Tandy (1885–1949) and George Washington Foster (1866–1923) of the firm Tandy & Foster. Both were prominent African-American architects: It was built in 1910-1911 in the Neo-Gothic style. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2008.
Media in category "St. Philip's Episcopal Church (Manhattan)"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.