Category:State Council of the German Democratic Republic
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The State Council of the German Democratic Republic (German: Staatsrat der DDR) was in the German Democratic Republic the formally highest collective body, which was created with law over the formation of the Council of State from 12 September 1960 as follow-up organ of the abolished office of the president of the GDR after the death of Wilhelm Pieck.
The collective Head of State for the former German Democratic Republic (1949-1990).
|Instance of||collective head of state|
|Location||German Democratic Republic|
|Dissolved, abolished or demolished date|
- 1st Staatsrat from 12 September 1960
- 2nd Staatsrat from 13 November 1963
- 3rd Staatsrat from 13 July 1967
- 4th Staatsrat from 26 November 1971
- 5th Staatsrat from 29 October 1976
- 6th Staatsrat from 25 June 1981
- 7th Staatsrat from 16 June 1986 to 5 April 1990
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
Media in category "State Council of the German Democratic Republic"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Flag of the Chairman of the State Council of East Germany.svg 500 × 500; 77 KB