The subantarctic islands are all islands around the Antarctica continent (but too far from other continents) located north of and adjacent to the Antarctic Convergence. As the exact position of this convergence significantly varies across seasons or even between years, these islands could also be classified simultaneously as part of islands of the Antarctic Ocean, and (according to their longitudes) of one of the three other bordering oceans.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- Bouvet Island (7 C, 1 P, 20 F)
- Crozet Islands (9 C, 1 P, 13 F)
- Diego Ramírez Islands (1 P, 7 F)
- Gough Island (21 F)
- Heard Island and McDonald Islands (5 C, 1 P, 5 F)
- Kerguelen Islands (7 C, 1 P, 78 F)
- Macquarie Island (4 C, 31 F)
- New Zealand Sub-Antarctic Islands (7 C, 2 F)
- Prince Edward Islands (4 C, 8 F)