Category:Subdivisions of the United States
The primary country subdivisions of the US are the States of the United States and these are further divided by the individual state constitutions of the various states into units known as Country subdivisions, which in the United States are typically
counties, and municipalities such as boroughs, townships, towns and cities. Instead of counties, Louisiana is divided into parishes, and Alaska is divided into boroughs.
- Many of these are further grouped by classification schemas within Categories of the United States by state.
- When classifying an image, it is frequently helpful to see subcategories of Maps by country to find similar categories.
- When classifying images of officials, institutions, and politicians see also Category:Government of the United States by state.
states, the District of Columbia, territories; and their subdivisions
|Subclass of||administrative territorial entity of a single country|
|Location||United States of America|
This category has the following 22 subcategories, out of 22 total.
- District of Columbia (7 C, 578 F)
- Electoral districts in the United States (3 C, 2 F)
- Former subdivisions of the United States (3 C, 2 F)
- Townships in the United States (5 C, 21 F)
Media in category "Subdivisions of the United States"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.
- Blank map of states.png 904 × 593; 45 KB
- BlankMap-USA-states-southwest-UT.svg 563 × 552; 10 KB
- Contiguous US physiographic divisions.png 1,264 × 830; 1.1 MB
- Map of USA Commonwealths.svg 286 × 186; 169 KB
- Map of USA highlighting coastal states.png 904 × 593; 25 KB
- Moku o Oʻahu.jpg 3,936 × 3,240; 2.06 MB
- Physiographic legend.jpg 345 × 504; 32 KB
- Territorial-acquisition-uscensus-bureau.jpg 1,409 × 1,117; 333 KB
- Township.png 633 × 669; 66 KB
- US General Land Office Deed 1845.jpg 2,431 × 1,583; 1.54 MB
- US interior physiographic regions map.jpg 298 × 351; 30 KB
- US physiographic regions map.jpg 597 × 386; 66 KB
- US west coast physiographic regions map.jpg 221 × 375; 26 KB