Category:Subdivisions of the United States
The primary country subdivisions of the US are the States of the United States and these are further divided by the individual state constitutions of the various states into units known as Subnational entities, which in the United States are typically
counties, and municipalities such as boroughs, townships, towns and cities. Instead of counties, Louisiana is divided into parishes, and Alaska is divided into boroughs.
- Many of these are further grouped by classification schemas within Categories of the United States by state.
- When classifying an image, it is frequently helpful to see subcategories of Maps by country to find similar categories.
- When classifying images of officials, institutions, and politicians see also Category:Government of the United States by state.
|Subclass of||administrative territorial entity of a single country|
|Category combines topics||hierarchy of administrative territorial entities,|
United States of America
|Location||United States of America|
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- ► Boroughs of the United States (3 C)
- ► Former subdivisions of the United States (2 C, 2 F)
- ► Townships in the United States (16 C, 20 F)
Media in category "Subdivisions of the United States"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- BlankMap-USA-states-southwest-UT.svg 563 × 552; 10 KB
- Contiguous US physiographic divisions.png 1,264 × 830; 1.1 MB
- Map of USA Commonwealths.svg 286 × 186; 169 KB
- Map of USA highlighting coastal states.png 904 × 593; 25 KB
- North America first level political divisions by income.svg 1,789 × 2,154; 537 KB
- Physiographic legend.jpg 345 × 504; 32 KB
- Territorial-acquisition-uscensus-bureau.jpg 1,409 × 1,117; 333 KB
- Theoreticaltownshipmap.gif 694 × 751; 70 KB
- US General Land Office Deed 1845.jpg 2,431 × 1,583; 1.54 MB
- US interior physiographic regions map.jpg 298 × 351; 30 KB
- US physiographic regions map.jpg 597 × 386; 66 KB
- US west coast physiographic regions map.jpg 221 × 375; 26 KB