Category:Subdivisions of the United States
The primary country subdivisions of the US are the States of the United States and these are further divided by the individual state constitutions of the various states into units known as Subnational entities, which in the United States are typically
counties, and municipalities such as boroughs, townships, towns and cities. Instead of counties, Louisiana is divided into parishes, and Alaska is divided into boroughs.
- Many of these are further grouped by classification schemas within Categories of the United States by state.
- When classifying an image, it is frequently helpful to see subcategories of Maps by country to find similar categories.
- When classifying images of officials, institutions, and politicians see also Category:Government of the United States by state.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Boroughs in the United States (2 C)
- ► Subdivision signs in the United States (1 C, 1 F)
- ► Townships in the United States (12 C, 18 F)
Media in category "Subdivisions of the United States"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.