Category:Symbols of national identity
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Symbols used to express national identity. This includes official designs and depictions of symbols as well as those commonly used in other capacities specifically to express identity. This does not include other depictions that are not specifically to express national identity. For example, the bald eagle is widely used in symbols of national identity for the United States. Such works would belong in this category, but other images of bald eagles should not be placed here, nor should Category:Bald eagles. These symbols are also a distinct sub-set of national symbols in that they are expressly for the purpose of expressing national identity, as opposed to symbols that may be associated with a country, but not primarily for national identification.
identity or sense of belonging to one state or to one nation
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► National symbols of Bosniaks (2 C, 15 F)
- ► Flags of ethnic groups (26 C, 3 P, 18 F)
- ► Hex signs (32 F)
- ► Symbols of indigenous peoples (4 C)
- ► Symbols of Jewish national identity (3 C)
- ► Kurdish symbols (2 C, 1 F)
- ► Symbols of Palestinian identity (3 C)
- ► Symbols of culture-specific genders (7 F)
Pages in category "Symbols of national identity"
This category contains only the following page.