Category:Teachers College, Columbia University
Teachers College, Columbia University (sometimes referred to simply as Teachers College; also referred to as Teachers College of Columbia University or the Columbia University Graduate School of Education) is a graduate school of education located in New York City, New York, United States. It was founded in 1887 by the philanthropist Grace Hoadley Dodge and philosopher Nicholas Murray Butler to provide a new kind of schooling for the teachers of the poor children of New York City, one that combined a humanitarian concern to help others with a scientific approach to human development. While Teachers College holds its own corporate status, the college is also a Faculty and academic department of Columbia University. Teachers College faculty hold Columbia University appointments; its President is a Dean of the University; and all students receive their degrees by the University.
graduate school in Columbia University
|Instance of||school of education,|
private not-for-profit educational institution
|Location||Manhattan, United States of America|
|Located at street address|
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Teachers College, Columbia University"
The following 28 files are in this category, out of 28 total.
- Columbia Russell Hall tower jeh.JPG 4,224 × 3,168; 1.78 MB
- Columbia Teachers College pale jeh.JPG 3,192 × 2,880; 956 KB
- First-grade pupils having their voices recorded for diction correction. 8d23066v.jpg 1,002 × 1,024; 239 KB
- Girl announcing a radio broadcast to Latin America in Spanish 8d23050v.jpg 982 × 1,024; 212 KB
- Kindergarten pupil getting to work on a puzzle8d23060v.jpg 982 × 1,024; 223 KB
- Learning how to take care of a broken leg in first aid class8d23046v.jpg 975 × 1,024; 231 KB
- Mid-morning lunch in the kindergarten8d23062v.jpg 993 × 1,024; 236 KB
- Morningside Heights Manhattan Photo Collage.jpg 1,936 × 1,936; 4.19 MB
- Putting a splint on a broken arm in first aid class8d23053v.jpg 993 × 1,024; 224 KB
- Putting a splint on a broken arm in first aid class8d23058v.jpg 997 × 1,024; 228 KB
- Sixth grader making a clay bowl influenced by Latin American design8d23049v.jpg 973 × 1,024; 232 KB
- Teachers College Columbia University (4684670721).jpg 3,168 × 4,752; 9.55 MB
- Teachers College today.JPG 438 × 323; 76 KB
- Teachers' College, Columbia University, outfit for demonstration teaching.jpg 3,900 × 2,962; 1.19 MB
- Whittier Hall, Morningside Heights, NYC.jpg 4,778 × 3,582; 3.33 MB