Category:Telok Ayer Market

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
The Former Telok Ayer Market (commonly known as Lau Pa Sat (老巴刹), meaning "Old Market" in Hokkien) at 18 Raffles Quay, Singapore 048582, was designed by James MacRitchie, the Municipal Engineer of the Public Works Department, and built between 1890 and 1894 by Riley Hargreaves and Co. Its octagonal design was intended as a tribute to an earlier market completed by 1838 by George Drumgoole Coleman nearby which had to be demolished due to structural weakness and because it was in the way of land reclamation works. The building was gazetted as a national monument on .


This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.

Pages in category "Telok Ayer Market"

This category contains only the following page.

Media in category "Telok Ayer Market"

The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.