Category:Teltow-Werft

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: The Teltow-Werft (shipyard) in Berlin-Zehlendorf has emerged in 1924 from the building yard and its harbour, which were opened in 1906 especially for the maintenance of the tow-locomotives and for the supply of the Teltowkanal (canal). The shipyard was closed in 1962. The harbour and most of the buildings, mainly built according to plans by the engineering office Havestadt & Contag, are listed today. Also listed and built by Havestadt & Contag in 1904/05 is the directly adjacent „Kraftwerk Schönow“ (power station, initially also for the building yard and the canal).


Deutsch: Die Teltow-Werft in Berlin-Zehlendorf ging 1924 aus dem 1906 zur Unterhaltung des Teltowkanals errichteten Bauhafen und Bauhof hervor. Der Bauhof und Bauhafen, die bis 1920 zum Brandenburger Landkreis Teltow gehörten, dienten ursprünglich vor allem der Wartung des Kanals und seines Treidelbetriebs und der Treidellokomotiven. Eigentümer war und blieb, auch nach der Eingemeindung Zehlendorfs nach Groß-Berlin 1920, der Landkreis Teltow. 1962 stellte die Werft den Betrieb bis auf die Ausführung kleinerer Reparaturarbeiten ein. Der Bauhafen und zahlreiche Werftgebäude, die überwiegend nach Plänen des Ingenieurbüros Havestadt & Contag errichtet worden waren, stehen als Kulturdenkmal unter Schutz. Ebenso das direkt benachbarte und 1904/05 gleichfalls von Havestadt & Contag, ursprünglich zur Stromversorgung des Bauhofs und Kanals, errichtete Kraftwerk Schönow.
Denkmalplakette Deutschland.svg This is the category of the Berliner Kulturdenkmal (cultural monument) with the ID 09075893

Subcategories

This category has only the following subcategory.

Media in category "Teltow-Werft"

The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.