Category:Temporary Chamber of the House of Commons of Canada (1916-1920)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: The Centre Block on Parliament Hill was destroyed by fire on 3 February 1916. Parliament relocated to the Victoria Memorial Museum Building (the current Canadian Museum of Nature) while the new Centre Block was constructed. On 26 January 1920, the first sitting of Parliament in the new Centre Block was opened by Governor General the Duke of Devonshire.
Français : Le 3 février 1916 vers 20h50, un incendie se déclare dans la salle de lecture de l'édifice central de la Colline du Parlement. Après l'incendie, la Chambre des communes et le Sénat se déplacent au Musée commémoratif Victoria (aujourd'hui le Musée canadien de la nature), où ils siégeront jusqu'en 1920. Le 26 février 1920, soit environ quatre ans après l'incendie, a lieu la première session du corps législatif dans le nouvel édifice.

Media in category "Temporary Chamber of the House of Commons of Canada (1916-1920)"

The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.