From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: This theatre was built as a playhouse in 1846 by Alexandre Dumas and was located in Paris on the boulevard du Temple near the intersection with the rue du Faubourg du Temple. The project was financed by the Duke of Montpensier, but his father King Louis Philippe I refused to have his son's name attached to the building, and it was named Théâtre Historique before it opened on 20 February 1847. Dumas closed the theatre due to financial difficulties on 20 December 1850. The theatre was later leased to the revived Opéra National, originally founded by Adolphe Adam, but now under the directorship of Edmond Seveste, and underwent minor renovations to convert it to an opera house before reopening on 27 September 1851. The Opéra National changed its name to the Théâtre Lyrique on 12 April 1852. The building was demolished in 1863 to make way for the Place de la République during Haussmann's renovation of Paris.
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
Media in category "Théâtre Historique"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Interior view of the Théâtre Historique - Walsh 1981 p23.jpg 2,292 × 1,578; 984 KB
- Théâtre Historique - floor plan - Godwin 1850 p34.jpg 1,292 × 984; 606 KB
- Théâtre Historique - interior - Chauveau 1999 p373.jpg 2,247 × 1,704; 1.09 MB
- Théâtre Historique ceiling - Walsh p11.jpg 1,709 × 1,400; 889 KB
- Théâtre Historique in blue on an 1857 map of Paris - U Chicago.jpg 1,249 × 818; 591 KB
- Théâtre Historique interior view 1847 - Hemmings 1979 pl 6c after p122.jpg 2,270 × 1,561; 1,019 KB
- Théâtre Historique stage - Walsh p9.jpg 1,715 × 1,975; 1.14 MB
- Théâtre Monpensier (Historique) - facade design - Godwin 1850 before p33.jpg 1,439 × 2,598; 570 KB
- Théâtre Monpensier (Historique) - facade design - Walshp6.jpg 818 × 1,628; 539 KB
- Théâtre-Historique-Le Chevalier de Maison-Rouge-1847.jpg 768 × 383; 90 KB
- Théâtre-Historique-Monte Cristo-1848.jpg 718 × 414; 162 KB