Category:Theater for the New City
The avant-garde Theater for the New City was founded in 1971, and since 1986 has been located in the former First Avenue Retail Market at 155 First Avenue, between 9th and 10th Streets in the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. The building was constructed in 1938 by Robert Moses, along with other neighborhood retail markets, after Mayor Laguardia decided to get pushcarts off the streets. (They were banned as of December 1, 1938.) Behind the theater is the New Theater Building a 12-story condominium tower built in 2000 by New York City, which had retained the air rights when the market building was sold to TNC.
Media in category "Theater for the New City"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.