Category:Theodore of Amasea
Saint Theodore of Amasea (d. 306; Amasenus, now Amasya, Turkey) is one of the Greek military saints of the 4th century, the earlier patron saint of Venice, now outshone there by Saint Mark, but still represented atop one of the two Byzantine columns standing in the Piazzetta of the Piazza San Marco, treading upon the sacred crocodile of Egypt.
- Theodore Tyro (Tiro, Tyron, Tiron, Teron) ("Recruit")
- Theodore Euchaita from the place, Euchais, to which his body had been carried
- Theodore the Recruit in Eastern Christianity
Do not confuse with the Switzerland-born Saint Theodore
|Date of birth||3rd century (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584)|
|Date of death||17 February 306|
|Cause of death|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Icons of Theodore of Amasea (1 C, 18 F)
- ► Mosaics of Theodore of Amasea (4 F)
- ► Paintings of Theodore of Amasea (8 F)
- ► Sculptures of Theodore of Amasea (5 C)
Media in category "Theodore of Amasea"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Casale cornuto 1494 76001811.jpg 800 × 387; 126 KB
- Manastir Novo Hopovo 061.jpg 4,272 × 2,848; 4.82 MB
- Saint Theodore. Engraving by R. Stang after A. Müller. Wellcome V0033075.jpg 1,865 × 3,789; 3.75 MB
- San Salvador Interno - cappella a destra del presbiterio.jpg 4,674 × 7,360; 32.76 MB
- San Salvador Interno - corpo di San Teodoro.jpg 4,408 × 3,408; 7.99 MB
- Seal of Ioannes Komnenos with crescent.png 1,011 × 465; 754 KB
- Seal of John Maleses, strategos of Presthlavitza, 1030-40.jpg 500 × 241; 97 KB
- Seal of Theodore Eirenikos.jpg 500 × 243; 102 KB