Category:Theodosius's Hagia Sophia
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The basilica with a wooden roof was built by architect Rufinos in the reign of Emperor Theodosius II (408 - 450 C.E.). It was opened for prayer in 415 C.E. but burned down during the Nika Revolt in 532 C.E. The relief depicting 12 lambs - 12 apostles as well as other remains of this church were discovered during excavation works in 1935. In order not to harm the present Hagia Sophia building, further excavation works were not carried out.
Media in category "Theodosius's Hagia Sophia"
The following 27 files are in this category, out of 27 total.
- 20131203 Istanbul 133.jpg 1.88 MB
- CapCorBizPil2SSofiaTeod.jpg 932 KB
- CapCorBizSSofiaTeod-1a.jpg 882 KB
- Istanbul.Hagia Sophia005.jpg 1.4 MB
- Istanbul.Hagia Sophia008.jpg 1.13 MB
- Istanbul.Hagia Sophia009.jpg 1.33 MB
- Istanbul.Hagia Sophia010.jpg 1.28 MB
- Istanbul.Hagia Sophia012.jpg 1.13 MB
- Runecloseup.jpg 127 KB