Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Fr. Thomas Keating, O.C.S.O. (born 7 March 1923) is a Trappist monk (Order of Cistercians of the Strict Observance) and priest, known as one of architects of the Centering Prayer, a contemporary method of contemplative prayer, that emerged from St. Joseph's Abbey, Spencer, Massachusetts, in 1975. He was born in New York City, and attended Deerfield Academy, Yale University, and Fordham University, graduating in December 1943. He is a founder of the Centering Prayer movement and of Contemplative Outreach, Ltd.
American Trappist monk
Le frère Keating en 2012.
|Date of birth||7 March 1923|
New York City
|Date of death||25 October 2018|
|Country of citizenship|
Media in category "Thomas Keating"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Dalai Lama Boston 2012 (8091526201).jpg 1,280 × 1,003; 148 KB
- Dalai Lama Boston 2012 (8091532394).jpg 1,059 × 1,280; 152 KB
- Thomas Keating, discussion with the Dalai Lama Boston 2012.jpg 923 × 1,280; 133 KB
- Thomas Keating, the Dalai Lama and David Steindl-Rast in Boston 2012.jpg 1,280 × 924; 165 KB
- Thomas Keating.jpg 255 × 319; 55 KB