Category:Three Saints Russian Orthodox Church (Old Harbor, Alaska)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: Three Saints Russian Orthodox Church in Old Harbor, Alaska, was built in 1953 by locals in Alaskan Russian Orthodox church architectural tradition (HABS No. AK-53). It was named for the Three Saints: Basil the Great, Gregory the Theologian, and John Chrysostom. Originally, only low-pitched gable roofs covered the sanctuary, nave, and narthex, later, the three onion domes with Orthodox crosses were added. During the Great Alaska Earthquake of 1964, the church building survived the destruction of the village by the tidal wave.

Media in category "Three Saints Russian Orthodox Church (Old Harbor, Alaska)"

The following 24 files are in this category, out of 24 total.