an early 5th century Hindu temple in Madhya Pradesh
|Location||Katni district, Jabalpur division, Madhya Pradesh, India|
Tigawa Temple is one of the oldest known Hindu temple, dated c. 400-425 CE, in the village of Tigawa between Katni and Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. It is dedicated to Vishnu, as well as reverentially displays Shiva and Shakti theology. A panel within the temple shows Kankali Devi, one of the Saptamatrikas (Seven mothers), and the temple is called Kankali Devi Temple or Kankali Mandir (not to be confused with Kankali temple in other towns such as in Bhopal).
Media in category "Tigawa Temple"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- 5th century Tigawa Hindu temple plan and door architecture, 1879 sketch.jpg 1,052 × 1,542; 223 KB
- The Age of the Imperial Guptas Plate 06.png 3,505 × 2,545; 3.69 MB
- Tigawa geo map 2.jpg 1,768 × 1,028; 435 KB
- Tigawa site layout 2.jpg 990 × 1,718; 277 KB
- Tigawa Tigowa Tigwan geological map, 1879 sketch.jpg 1,768 × 1,028; 433 KB
- Tigowa 1999 Kankali-Devi-Tempel.jpg 2,760 × 1,840; 979 KB