Jump to navigation Jump to search
village in United Kingdom
|Location||Olveston, United Kingdom|
English: Tockington is a village in South Gloucestershire, England. Historically the village developed around farming based mainly on the rearing of cattle on the fertile flood plains. In more recent times Tockington has become an attractive location for commuters, being situated within the Green Belt and well connected with Bristol. It is south of Olveston and is located in a steep valley. It has a school known as Tockington Manor School, which opened in 1947. Since 2003, the school has hosted the Tockington Ventures during the summer holidays. It also has the Swan Inn, a popular pub. The centre of the village, where the pub is located is a triangular junction.
Media in category "Tockington"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Swan Inn Tockington.jpg 2,272 × 1,704; 1 MB
- The M4 over Tockington Lane - geograph.org.uk - 1363235.jpg 640 × 480; 90 KB
- The Swan Inn, Tockington - geograph.org.uk - 255806.jpg 640 × 480; 83 KB
- Tockington Methodist Meeting Rooms - geograph.org.uk - 255796.jpg 640 × 480; 81 KB
- Campfire at Woodhouse Park - geograph.org.uk - 463021.jpg 458 × 639; 91 KB
- Recently harvested field - geograph.org.uk - 172113.jpg 640 × 437; 54 KB
- The road to Almondsbury in Tockington - geograph.org.uk - 255815.jpg 640 × 480; 85 KB
- Tockington Manor School - geograph.org.uk - 255825.jpg 640 × 480; 87 KB
- Upper Tockington Road - geograph.org.uk - 381333.jpg 640 × 461; 52 KB
- View from Avon Scout Camp - geograph.org.uk - 462997.jpg 640 × 495; 67 KB