Category:Tsarevitches and tsarevnas
daughter (or daughter-in-law) of a tsar
|Instance of||royal or noble rank|
In Russian tsarevitch (царевич) is a tsar's son, tsarevna (царевна) is a daughter, while tsarina (царица) is a wife. (In Imperial Russia Cesarevitch (цесаревич) is the older son, the heir - not listed here).
In Imperial Russia (after 1721) this titles are common and not official (exept cesarevitch), and refers only to emperor's (tsar's) children, whose official title are Grand Duke (великий князь) or Grand Duchess (великая княжна) while other members of emperor's family, for example, his nephews, were also Grand Dukes, but not tsarevitches. Grand Duchesses can be transleted back as великая княжна (velikaya knazhna) for related by blood to tsar (unmarried daughters) and великая княгиня (velikaya knyaginya) for wives of G.Dukes.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Media in category "Tsarevitches and tsarevnas"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- House of Romanov family tree (1613-1762) by shakko (RU).jpg 5,352 × 1,823; 1.71 MB
- House of Romanov family tree (1613-1917, daughters) by shakko (RU).jpg 5,354 × 4,134; 3.85 MB
- Terem tsareven klodt.jpg 1,417 × 1,039; 280 KB
- Tsarevna visiting monastery by Surikov (1912).jpg 1,000 × 724; 123 KB
- Царэўна.JPG 849 × 1,245; 574 KB
- Церам царэўнаў.JPG 2,833 × 2,019; 5.2 MB