The Twenty-Two Shrines of Japan is one ranking system for Shinto shrines. Most were selected from shrines that were in the immediate vicinity of Kyoto, the capital of Japan at the time.
ranking system for Shinto shrines established during the Heian period
|Instance of||Shrine rank|
|Subclass of||shinto shrine|
This category has the following 22 subcategories, out of 22 total.
- ► Fushimi Inari-taisha (12 C, 1 P, 423 F)
- ► Matsunoo-taisha (2 C, 56 F)
- ► Niukawakami-jinja (3 C)
- ► Tatsuta-taisha (13 F)
- ► Umenomiya Taisha (39 F)
Media in category "Twenty-Two Shrines"
This category contains only the following file.
- Nijuunisha-chuushiki.JPG 2,352 × 1,568; 1.81 MB