Category:Union Council of Ministers of India
executive authority in India
|Part of||Government of India (executive branch)|
|Applies to jurisdiction||India|
The Union Council of Ministers of India (usually referred to as the Indian Prime Minister's Cabinet or simplified as the Cabinet), in the politics of India, the Cabinet is the collective decision-making body of the Government of India, composed of the Prime Minister and some 33 Cabinet Ministers, the most senior of the government ministers. The Cabinet is the ultimate decision-making body of the executive within the Westminster system of government in traditional constitutional theory. The Union Cabinet of the Government of India was formed after the Indian general election in 2009, and led to the formation of the 15th Lok Sabha. Manmohan Singh took oath as the 14th Prime Minister of India on 22 May 2009, followed by the oath-taking ceremonies of the present 'Council of Ministers'.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Government ministries of India (61 C)
- ► Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed (3 F)
- ► Chandresh Kumari Katoch (134 F)
- ► Deputy Prime Ministers of India (2 C, 2 F)
- ► Thawar Chand Gehlot (945 F)
- ► Government ministers of India (57 C, 2 F)
- ► Veerappa Moily (378 F)
- ► Debi Prasad Pal (1 F)
- ► Jairam Ramesh (645 F)
- ► Satya Narayan Sinha (1 F)
- ► Union Cabinet (2 C, 1 P)
Media in category "Union Council of Ministers of India"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- First meeting of the cabinet of Narendra Modi.jpg 800 × 468; 170 KB
- Modi cabinet pays homage to the victims of attacks on Adivasis in Assam.jpg 2,200 × 863; 343 KB
- Narendra Modi's cabinet, 2014.jpg 2,200 × 1,468; 606 KB
- The first Cabinet of independent India.jpg 800 × 592; 92 KB