Category:Ursuline Convent, French Quarter
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The old Ursuline Convent Building, in the French Quarter of New Orleans, Louisiana, USA is the oldest intact building in Louisiana. It was designed in 1745, built starting in 1749 and completed in 1753. (A few pieces of an older convent building next to the site of the current one were reused to construct the present structure as the older one was demolished.) After a new convent was constructed in another part of the city in the 1820s, this building served as the Archbishop's palace. The bottom floor is now a museum and the upper floors house the Archdiocese historic library.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► First Ursuline Convent, New Orleans (2 F)
Media in category "Ursuline Convent, French Quarter"
The following 116 files are in this category, out of 116 total.
- FQ29Jan07UrsulinePrius.jpg 1.45 MB
- KingUrsulineKnocker.jpeg 51 KB
- KingUsulineBack.jpeg 98 KB
- KingUsulineFront.jpeg 96 KB
- KingUsulineInterior.jpeg 135 KB
- NewOrleans200212 2102.jpg 308 KB
- NewOrleans200212 2163.jpg 231 KB
- UConvent2003Mbtrama.jpg 218 KB
- UrsulineFQInteriorClassroom1.JPG 1.96 MB
- UrsulineFQInteriorFontBell.JPG 1.14 MB
- UrsulineFQInteriorLamp1.JPG 1.41 MB
- UrsulinesFQExtRiverSidePond.JPG 1.87 MB
- UsulineChurchMch07.jpg 1.2 MB