From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Uttarakhand (Hindi: उत्तराखंड Uttara (उत्तरा)+ Khand (खंड) i.e. North + Section or Segment), is a state located in the northern part of India. It was carved out of Himalayan and adjoining districts of Uttar Pradesh on November 9, 2000, becoming the 27th state of the Republic of India. It borders Peoples Republic of China on the north, Nepal on the east, the Indian states of Uttar Pradesh to the south, Haryana on the west and Himachal Pradesh on the north west. Uttarakhand has an area of 20,682 sq mi (53,566 km²). In January 2007, the name of the state was officially changed from Uttaranchal, its interim name, to Uttarakhand. The provisional capital of Uttarakhand is Dehradun which is also a rail-head and the largest city in the region. The High Court of the state is in Nainital.
This category has the following 27 subcategories, out of 27 total.
- ► Cities and villages in Uttarakhand (46 C, 1 P, 25 F)
- ► Culture of Uttarakhand (18 C, 2 F)
- ► History of Uttarakhand (16 C, 8 F)
- ► Mana, Uttarakhand (4 F)
- ► Nature of Uttarakhand (13 C, 6 F)
- ► Sukhi Top (4 F)
- ► Valley of flowers national park (135 F)
- ► Wildlife sanctuaries of Uttarakhand (7 C, 11 F)
Pages in category "Uttarakhand"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Uttarakhand"
The following 200 files are in this category, out of 872 total.(previous page) (next page)
- A gift from mom.jpg 6.76 MB
- A House in the hand of Earth.jpg 4.78 MB
- Almora - Nainital Midway.jpg 3.84 MB
- Alpine meadow Khaliya.jpg 1.6 MB
- Amaltaas.jpg 1.34 MB
- Bhaitika @ Ranipokhari.jpg 159 KB
- Black-whiskered Yuhina.jpg 1.4 MB
- Budher Meadows - Path.jpg 202 KB
- Budher Meadows.jpg 203 KB
- Caught In the Web.jpg 8.41 MB
- Chaukhamba Mountain.jpg 4.88 MB
- Chir Pine logs, Uttarakhand .jpg 4.66 MB
- Cool sunshine.jpg 1.28 MB
- Coppersmith BarbetDSC08674.jpg 2.46 MB
- Da pic describes it only..JPG 5.69 MB
- Deer taking nap in her cage.jpg 6.42 MB