Category:Valdemar II of Denmark
Valdemar II (May 9, 1170—March 28, 1241, Vordingborg), called Valdemar the Conqueror or Valdemar the Victorious (Valdemar Sejr), was the King of Denmark from November 12, 1202 until his death in 1241. The nickname Sejr is a later invention and was not used during the King's own lifetime. He was the second son of King Valdemar I and en:Sophia of Polotsk, a Varangian princess.
King of Denmark
|Date of birth||28 June 1170 (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584)|
|Date of death||28 March 1241 (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584)|
|Manner of death|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- ► Battle of Bornhöved (1227) (10 F)
- ► Coins of Valdemar II of Denmark (1 C, 1 F)
- ► Kong Valdemars Jordebog (3 F)
- ► Tomb of Valdemar II of Denmark (1 F)
- ► Valdemar II of Denmark in art (4 C, 4 F)