Category:Vastseliina Castle

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: Vastseliina Castle (in German Neuhausen) was a castle of en:Bishopric of Dorpat, construction of which started no later than 1342. It was part of the border fortifications of Old Livonia against Novgorod, Pskov and later Moscow. The castle lost its military role in the Great Northern War. The scenic well-preserved ruins are located in what is currently South-East Estonia.

This is a category about cultural heritage monument of Estonia number 14081 Crystal Clear app lphoto.png.

Media in category "Vastseliina Castle"

The following 45 files are in this category, out of 45 total.