Category:Vhembe District Municipality
Afrikaans: Die Vhembe-distriksmunisipaliteit is een van 5 distriksmunisipaliteite in Limpopo. Die setel van die munisipaliteit is in Thohoyandou. Die meeste inwoners in die munisipale gebied is Vendasprekend. Die munisipaliteit se kode is DC34.
English: Vhembe is one of the 5 districts of Limpopo province of South Africa. It is the northernmost district of the country and shares its northern border with Beitbridge district in Matabeleland South, Zimbabwe. Vhembe consist of all terrotories that were part of the former Venda Bantustan, however, districts of northern and Western Gazankulu Bantustan were also incorporated into Vhembe, hence the ethnic diversity of the District. The seat of Vhembe is Thohoyandou, the former Capital of the former Venda Bantustan. According to 2001 census, 800 000 of Vhembe residents speak Venda as their mother language, 400 000 speak Tsonga and 27 000 speak Northern Sotho. The district code is DC34.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Musina, South Africa (1 C, 13 F)
Media in category "Vhembe District Municipality"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- DC34 locator.svg 1,000 × 602; 170 KB
- Map No. 33 of Schedule 2 to Notice 1998 of 2005.png 2,800 × 1,950; 4 MB
- Map of Limpopo with Vhembe highlighted (2006).svg 925 × 621; 351 KB
- Map of Limpopo with Vhembe highlighted (2011).svg 925 × 621; 286 KB
- Map of Limpopo with Vhembe highlighted (2016).svg 925 × 621; 413 KB
- Map of South Africa with Vhembe highlighted (2011).svg 809 × 709; 482 KB
- Map of South Africa with Vhembe highlighted (2016).svg 809 × 709; 697 KB
- South Africa Districts showing Vhembe.png 1,141 × 828; 31 KB