Category:Vibrato systems for guitar

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Main Wikipedia article: Vibrato systems for guitar

Vibrato systems for guitar is a type of bridge or/and tailpiece on guitar that is used to modify the pitch of guitar (i.e. vibrato and bend).[note 1] Also it is sometimes referred as tremolo system, tremolo bar, or whammy bar, etc.

See also category: Hardtail guitars.


  1. Historically, the term "vibrato" is often confused with the term "tremolo" and sometimes oppositely used, probably because the tremulant system on pipe organs has both effects. And now, we should distinct terms as following:
    • vibrato  : periodic changes of frequency (FM)
    • tremolo : periodic changes of amplitude (AM), especially the repeated sound generation on the musical instruments (ex. mandolin).


This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.






Media in category "Vibrato systems for guitar"

The following 118 files are in this category, out of 118 total.