Visual music, sometimes called "colour music," refers to the use of musical structures in visual imagery, which can also include silent films or silent Lumia work. It also refers to methods or devices which can translate sounds or music into a related visual presentation. An expanded definition may include the translation of music to painting. ...
There are a variety of definitions of visual music, particularly as the field continues to expand. In some recent writing, usually in the fine art world, Visual Music is often confused with or defined as synaesthesia, though historically this has never been a definition of Visual Music. Visual music has also been defined as a form of intermedia.
visual representation of music in film or other art forms
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Color organ (2 C, 20 F)
Media in category "Visual music"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- A caricature of Louis-Bertrand Castel's "ocular organ".jpg 900 × 1,155; 205 KB
- Atari video synth chillin with no sound in (photo by j bizzie).jpg 640 × 640; 94 KB
- Atarivideomusic.png 800 × 414; 620 KB
- E3 2011 - RCA Studio II and Atari Video Music (Video Game Museum) (5831112436).jpg 1,600 × 1,200; 219 KB
- Keyscape + Musescore, hacking with Craig Sapp.jpg 609 × 599; 100 KB
- Schillinger-Bach.jpg 6,702 × 3,675; 6.64 MB
- Spectre image3-1977.jpg 718 × 562; 79 KB
- Synaesthesiabrain.jpg 600 × 450; 93 KB
- Video synthesizer, PNW SynthFest 2013.jpg 2,736 × 3,648; 2.9 MB