Jump to navigation Jump to search
Works by this artist may not be in the public domain in the United States, even though they are in the public domain in their source country, because their US copyright was restored by the URAA. Please do not upload photographs or scans of works by this artist, unless they meet one of the following exceptions:
The general period for copyright on the URAA date of Jan 1, 1996 in Italy was 50 years after the death of the author. However, Italy enacted wartime extensions: 6 years for works published before and still in copyright on August 16, 1945. Therefore if an Italian author died in 1940, their work would have entered the public domain in 1997, after the URAA date. Therefore the works of any Italian author who died 1940 to August 16, 1945 remain copyrighted in the United States if published 1928 or later.
Italian mathematician and mathematical physicist (1860-1940)
|Date of birth||3 May 1860|
|Date of death||11 October 1940|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
|Field of work|
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- Lotka–Volterra competition model (15 F)
- Lotka–Volterra equations (71 F)
- Volterra (lunar crater) (7 F)
Pages in category "Vito Volterra"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Vito Volterra"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- Vito Volterra.jpg 256 × 326; 20 KB
- Vito Volterra2.jpg 257 × 326; 13 KB
- Volerra function.svg 800 × 600; 11 KB
- Vito (given name)
- 1860 births
- 1940 deaths
- Officers of the Legion of Honour
- Recipients of the Order of Leopold
- Foreign Members of the Royal Society
- Recipients of the Order of the Polar Star
- Male mathematicians from Italy
- Physicists from Italy
- Presidents of the Accademia dei Lincei
- 19th-century mathematicians
- 20th-century mathematicians
- 19th-century physicists
- 20th-century physicists
- Deaths in Rome
- Alumni of the University of Pisa
- Alumni of Scuola Normale Superiore
- Rectors of the Politecnico di Torino