Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Situated northeast of Hampi, the Vittala Temple (also spelled Vithala, Vitthala) is one of the principal monuments of the city. It is dedicated to Vittala (Vithoba), an aspect of Vishnu worshipped in the Maratha country. In the front of the temple is the famous stone chariot or ratha brinh itself a miniature temple, carved out of a single rock, to resemble the rathas in which temple idols are traditionally taken out in procession. The temple is the venue of the annual Purandaradasa festival.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Vittala Temple entrance (1 C, 64 F)
- ► Hampi water tank (42 F)
- ► Inscriptions at the Vittala Temple (8 F)
- ► Mandapas of the Vittala Temple (4 C, 78 F)
- ► People at the Vittala Temple (2 C, 21 F)
- ► Reliefs and sculptures at the Vittala Temple (2 C, 36 F)