Category:Vought F-8 Crusader
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The Vought F-8 Crusader was designated F8U with the U.S. Navy (and with it U.S. Marine Corps) until 18 September 1962 when, with the introduction of the Tri-Service aircraft designation system, all Crusaders still in service were redesignated F-8.
carrier-based fighter aircraft
|Instance of||aircraft family|
|Subclass of|| second-generation jet fighter,|
aircraft with 1 engine,
|Location||United States of America|
|First flight|| |
|Service retirement|| |
|Powered by|| |
|Total produced|| |
This category has the following 19 subcategories, out of 19 total.
- ► Cockpit of F-8 Crusader (2 F)
- ► F-8 Crusader in service with NASA (1 C, 10 F)
- ► Vought XF8U-3 Crusader III (6 F)
Pages in category "Vought F-8 Crusader"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Vought F-8 Crusader"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Carrier launch and recovery systems 1956.jpg 839 × 1,118; 538 KB
- Outof f8.gif 414 × 566; 176 KB
- Vought F-8 Crusader being assembled at Dallas 1960s.jpg 1,892 × 1,415; 1.41 MB
- Vought XF-8U Crusader - GPN-2000-001265.jpg 3,000 × 2,395; 3.33 MB