Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Vultures are large carnivorous birds which mostly eat carrion. Many have naked heads and necks. The vultures of the Old World are various unrelated lineages of the family Accipitridae, while the American vultures are entirely different birds in the family Cathartidae which just look similar.
common name for several types of scavenging birds of prey
|Instance of||group of organisms known by one particular common name|
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Vultures"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Artur Nogueira's Vultures.jpg 1,664 × 936; 109 KB
- Buitre mirando.jpg 1,024 × 797; 800 KB
- Old & New World vultures.jpg 955 × 440; 166 KB
- Relatives at Lhasa sky burial 1985.jpg 1,424 × 1,027; 241 KB
- Vultures and corpses in the street of Calcutta, 1946.jpg 750 × 735; 103 KB