Palestinian essayist and writer
Waleed al-Husseini on Islam's Non-Believers Panel Discussion at the International Conference on Free Expression and Conscience, London, 22-24 July 2017
|Date of birth||25 June 1989|
Qalqilya (Israeli-occupied territories)
|Country of citizenship|
|Educated at|| |
|Notable work|| |
Waleed Al-Husseini (Arabic: وليد الحسيني) is a Palestinian, essayist, writer and blogger. In October 2010, the Palestinian Authority arrested him for allegedly blaspheming against Islam on Facebook and in blog posts; his arrest garnered international attention. He later escaped to France, where he successfully applied for asylum. In 2013, he founded the Council of Ex-Muslims of France, and in 2015 he wrote his first book, Blasphémateur ! : les prisons d'Allah about his experiences.
Media in category "Waleed Al-Husseini"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Waleed Al-Husseini.png 394 × 604; 491 KB
- Public Art Protest in solidarity with persecuted atheists, ex-Muslims and freethinkers.webm 10 min 54 s, 1,280 × 720; 139.88 MB
- Une trahison française.jpg 960 × 720; 60 KB
- Waleed al-Husseini & Imad Iddine Habib.png 1,920 × 1,080; 1.28 MB
- Waleed al-Husseini ICFEC.png 1,920 × 1,080; 1.22 MB