Palestinian essayist and writer
|Date of birth||25 June 1989|
Qalqilya (Israeli-occupied territories)
|Country of citizenship|
Waleed Al-Husseini (Arabic: وليد الحسيني) is a Palestinian, essayist, writer and blogger. In October 2010, the Palestinian Authority arrested him for allegedly blaspheming against Islam on Facebook and in blog posts; his arrest garnered international attention. He later escaped to France, where he successfully applied for asylum. In 2013, he founded the Council of Ex-Muslims of France, and in 2015 he wrote his first book, Blasphémateur ! : les prisons d'Allah about his experiences.
Media in category "Waleed Al-Husseini"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Waleed Al-Husseini.png 394 × 604; 491 KB
- Public Art Protest in solidarity with persecuted atheists, ex-Muslims and freethinkers.webm 10 min 54 s, 1,280 × 720; 139.88 MB
- Une trahison française.jpg 960 × 720; 60 KB
- Waleed al-Husseini & Imad Iddine Habib.png 1,920 × 1,080; 1.28 MB
- Waleed al-Husseini ICFEC.png 1,920 × 1,080; 1.22 MB
- Waleed al-Husseini.png 1,350 × 1,080; 735 KB