English: Wallace A. Worsley Sr. (8 December 1878 in Wappingers Falls, New York, USA – 26 March 1944 in Hollywood, California, USA) was an American stage actor who became a director in the silent film era. Worsley directed 29 films during the years 1918-1928 and acted in 7 films. He directed several films starring Lon Chaney Sr. and his professional relationship with the actor was the best Chaney had second to his partnership with Tod Browning. The The Hunchback of Notre Dame from 1923 is one of his best known works and along with The Penalty(1920), enjoys good exposure on home video and DVD. Worsley's 1922 horror film A Blind Bargain with Chaney is one of the most sought after lost films. Worsley was married to actress Julia M. Taylor with whom he had two sons, Paul Worsley and the film director Wallace Worsley Jr.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Films by Wallace Worsley (13 C, 1 F)
Media in category "Wallace Worsley"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- The Little Shepherd of Kingdom Come (1920) - 3.jpg 549 × 387; 52 KB
- Holt-Worsley-Schoenbaum in Nobody's Money.jpg 864 × 620; 135 KB
- Lon Chaney in The Penalty by Wallace Worsley Film Daily 1920.png 538 × 736; 426 KB
- The Street Called Straight by Wallace Worsley Film Daily 1920.png 473 × 664; 406 KB
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1923) 3.jpg 1,714 × 1,540; 475 KB
- A Woman of Pleasure (1919) - Worsley & Sweet.jpg 536 × 431; 72 KB
- Blanche Sweet in A Woman of Pleasure by Wallace Worsley Film Daily 1920.png 1,056 × 725; 991 KB